Friday, October 24, 2008

Daddy



Today is the second anniversary of the loss of my father. It's a hard day, but really, so is any day without him. Feelings are very hard to express, so I"ll just copy the memoriam I wrote for the paper:

In loving memory of Alan Cameron, who passed away October 24, 2006. You were
with us for such a short time to have taught us a lifetime of love. Your were
not just a husband, father, uncle, and grandfather. You were a calm voice, a
warm hug, a comforting hand, a happy smile. Our lives are made poorer by the
loss of you, yet infinitely richer for the time we spent together. Your joy and
love for life are your legacy. 52 years was too short, and now two years is
unbearably long. With all the love in our hearts, Debbie, the girls, and family.

Love you Daddy

4 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

That is beautiful Kelly. I'm shedding a few tears for you today.

Anonymous said...

Sending you, your mom, your sisters and all the family love.

Anonymous said...

Hi
we have never met but I am a friend of your sister -in law Tina, we worked together in Newfoundland. I often read your blog... but your post was just amazing I could not just read and go. Beautiful words. I too lost my Dad, he was 64 and died almost 13 years ago. Yesterday was his birthday and you know I felt real sad inside, so it was nice to see it is not fair to loose our Dads and your words summed it up. Thanks you for sharing.
Take care,
Mary Lou
Paradise Newfoundland

Kel P said...

Hi Mary Lou, and thanks so much. The world would be a much better place if there were more daddys left, and it sucks that you lost yours young too. Thanks so much for the comment, and for reading. Have a better day!