Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ok A few more house pics....

Now that I have most of the house done, I am uploading a couple more pictures. It's amazing how different it looks once there are pictures on the walls and stuff is organized.
My hopes are to be able to keep it this tidy and organized. Eesh...that's gonna be hard for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
Kitchen looks much the same, except for the mirror I bought (which you can see below) that is on the wall across from the fridge, next to the stove.
Awesome mirror. Got it for a steal at 25 dollars, too!
Other view of the living room, with more pictures hung. Now I have to work on getting them in matching frames, next!
I know I haven't updated in forever, but we've had company on and off since we got here. Joey arrived on Thursday, and will be here until next Sunday. Mom and Cindy are coming on Friday to stay the weekend and then they are taking him home with them. The drive to get Joey was kinda scary, though. We got to Oxford and stopped to get coffee, when the car made a funny noise. Our conversation went as follows:
K: what's that noise??
B: That's not good.
K: Whaddaya mean? What is it??
B: That's really not good.
K: OK! What's not good? What's wrong?? (sounding slightly panicked)
B: Well, it sounds like there is absolutely no oil in it. And that's not good.
K: How the #@!! can it SOUND like there's no oil??? And can you fix it??

Anyway...he was right. there was no oil. And we didn't get a low oil light or anything. AND, we have no idea where the oil went. It didn't look to be leaking, and we have found no conspicuous dark patches in the driveway. So I think some garden gnome or something stole the icky old oil from my car. It's been fine since he put oil in it, and I make him check it pretty much everytime we get in the car. I could do it myself, but I feel better if he does it. At any rate we made it to Truro and back to meet Cindy and pick up Joey with no issues.

Well, Alan is napping. BJ is fixing the seat on the lawn tractor so he can mow the lawn, and Joey is hanging with BJ in the shed. "Guy stuff" probably. I think I'll grab the Terry Goodkind book I was rereading (I am not letting it anywhere near your son, Tina) and something with alcohol in it and go relax. At least until the sound of the lawn tractor wakes up Alan. Sigh. At least tonight we can have more fun playing Rock Band, guitar hero, and Singstar after Alan goes to bed!

No comments: