Sunday, July 20, 2008

Seriously!

This is the new SeaDoo that Mom, Jessie, and Terry bought for the cottage. Her name is Alice.
This is the banana boat that I will probably never ride ever again.
This is Lindsay the night of "the incident"
This is Jessie the morning after "the incident"
This is just a cute picture of Alan :)
Wow. What a weekend. A weekend at the camp always has stories attached to it, although usually they are stories of staying up with guitars around the campfire until the sun comes up or some such. Not this weekend. As a matter of fact, we had a few pretty tame nights, but I think the daytime craziness made up for it.
As I said in the previous pics and posts, there is a new toy at the camp. The SeaDoo has a 150 hp engine in it, and can hold three people. It tows a seabiscuit or waterskiier well. The first night we were down, Terry managed to flip Lindsay and I out of it. Let me tell you, he had to work hard, and it felt like slamming into a wall. But it was fun just the same. As the weekend went on, Terry perfected his technique at towing and I have a feeling he won't have to work so hard to flip us next time. But no harm done. Then, Friday night, our cousins at their cottage up the road said we could borrow their banana boat to tow behind the Sea Doo. We figured it sounded like fun, so why not. Terry drove, BJ spotted, and Lindsay, Jessie, and I went on (in that order from front to back). We knew it would probably flip, but the water was warm so what the heck. Well flip it did. And when we bobbed out of the water, Jessie looks at me and says "I just broke my nose. SERIOUSLY!" At this point, I got worried. She took her hands away and sure enough, it was obviously broken. Well...as it turns out, when we flipped over, Lindsay's elbow connected with Jessie's nose and CRACK! So a trip to the hospital it was. They went to the QEII and saw a doctor friend of Lindsay's and were back by suppertime, but trust me: I won't be going on the banana boat any time soon. Now Jess has a swollen face and two black eyes. But man, she handled it better than I ever would have.
All in all a fun weekend, and more pics to come. Seriously!

No comments: