Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Bye-Bye" Muahhhh!

I would soooo be blogging more if I could post pics, but since I'm still using the laptop and it doesn't have my camera software, I'm S.O.L. for a few more days. On the brighter side of life, someone came and knocked a (very large) hole in my bedroom wall and killed/removed all the bees. Apparently it was one of the largest colonies the exterminator had seen, and some of the bees were the size of HUMMINGBIRDS. No wonder I could hear them at night. Eek. What the guy failed to tell us in advance, however, was that the room would have to be sealed off for a couple of days. Since I've been sleeping on the living room floor for the past couple of weeks I'm not too put out, except for the fact that ALL MY CLOTHES are still in the closet (and now need to be washed). We didn't know he would be spraying deadly bug-killing stuff all over the room and now the room is a disaster. I'm talking Honeycomb and drywall everywhere, and the pesticide leaves a sticky residue behind that kills bees that escaped round one. I have a lot of laundry to do this weekend. Not to mention a wall to replace.

Now on to one of those "Embarassing Kid Moments". Last night I took Alan to the orientation night for parents of students new to our school. It usually lasts about an hour, and then we mingle with parents and chat and answer any questions they have. I planned ahead, and brought dinky cars and snacks, so I could distract him throughout the proceeding. Well...10 minutes in he had already played with the cars, got up and down out of his seat, pointed out all the lights and fans, asked "what's that" to 25 random objects, and was all "funned out" in the theatre. So, I figured I would sneak him out of the theatre into the atrium where he could run around and I could keep an eye on the presentation. So I grabbed my purse, grabbed him by the hand, and start to lead him up the aisle. At this point, he turns around to the person speaking (and all 60 or so people in the theatre) and (loudly) says "Bye-Bye!!", and Muahhh....blows kisses. Well. The entire population of the theatre lost it, and my face was as bright as Rudolph's nose leading my little man out of the theatre. Cute? Sure was. But did he have to do it in front of my principal, both vice principals, and half the other teachers? Oh my. I must say that at least ten people found me today to tell me how funny it was, but I was a tad embarassed. Ah well. He's a wonderful child and I'm really not complaining. Besides, in ten years it will be me embarassing the hell out of him every chance I get!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! He already knows how to leave a crowd like a Power! And of course all the big wigs had to be there, it just wouldn't have been the same. Watch BJ, he might start training him. LOL

Kass

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I love it! The only thing better would be if he was a year older and did the "Kelly strut" out. :P

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!

BJ

Kel P said...

Thanks so much for planting that idea in his head. Really.

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse...what if he hollered out about having a poopy diaper or something? He was probably just trying to be polite because you say good-bye when you leave a room righr? :) Glad the bee's are gone, sorry for your mess cause I know how much you like laundry.

Love ya!