Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Computers officially suck.

Sooooo I'll start off by saying I'm a little cranky right now. I'm sort of stuck at the "oh my god it just never freakin ends" right now. Beyond the hole in the wall and the mountains of laundry I still have to do from our bee legacy (since all our clothes were in the room when he sprayed it), I have been having ridiculous problems with my home computer. I think I've used it a total of 5 times since we moved here, using my school laptop most of the time instead. Just after we moved in, I replaced the main fan. That didn't seem to reduce the overheating/funky smell coming from the computer, which caused it to shut down on it's own. So I stopped using it until we could get a new power supply, which we got last Tuesday. BJ finally got that replaced Wednesday, and it took him some doing to get the thing running, because something was being stubborn. After that, it seemed perfectly fine. I got to play the online game we spend a lot of time on for the first time in about a month over the weekend, and was happy to have it back. So yesterday I decided that I would not bring work home, seeing as I was really tired, and would instead retire to the computer as soon as Alan went to bed. I wanted to spend some time on the game getting caught up on all the stuff I hadn't been doing. Unfortunately when BJ went to turn the computers on, mine wouldn't power up at all. So there I was with no computer, no work to do, and getting crankier by the second. Today we went to exchange the power supply as it seemed it must be the issue. Unfortunately, the people at the store plugged it in and it apparently works. So BJ has spent the last three hours trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my computer. It looks as though it might be the RAM, the motherboard, and possible my hard drive. And yes, I said AND, not OR. So now I'm supremely cranky. It may be weeks and weeks before we get the necessary components, and if my hard drive is toast I will have a conniption. I did burn off the majority of my pics a few weeks ago, but I'm still NOT happy. Ah well. Maybe the money fairy will stop by our house tonight with the winning numbers for tomorrow's lottery draw so I can just go buy the world's best computer. That would teach 'em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But think on the bright side Kel, the weekend's coming :-p
Give me a shout when you have a sec, we need to catch up.
Kass

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Let me know if the money fairy shows up. She missed our appointment last weekend. Did you get the package yet?

Kel P said...

Nope not yet. Still looking forward to it!