Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things Alan does/says that crack me up

I decided to do this list because I'm sure some day I will forget all these things, and I'm hoping the act of writing it down will help me remember. Or I can always check the blog archives!


1. He sings along with songs on the radio or tv, and sometimes he even manages the right words. I particularly love when he sings "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall..he sings all the "Woo Hoo" parts.

2. He dances like the Bushwackers, if the bushwackers also shook their butts.

3. He says "gook" instead of look, and "weavy" instead of heavy. He also calls Grandma "maama", and Nanny "Ninny". Oh, and Tyrone (from Backyardigans) sounds like "Tylenol".

4. He remembers everybody's names, and randomly asks me about people when we're in the car.

5. He LOVES to torture his father. Nuff said.

6. He knows beer by the sound the bottles make in the trunk. Not kidding...wish I was.

7. He always says excuse me when he makes one rude noise or another, and tells other people when they should say it too. (sounds more like "Mu Me" then excuse me, but it works).

8. He is a phone-a-holic, and when I give him the phone he says "heyo" and then goes and sits in his chair to talk.

9. He says "I love you" kinda like Scooby Doo (I ruv you mom).

10. He says goodbye to everyone, loudly, wherever we are...mentioned this embarassing habit in a previous post, I believe.

11. He recently started huffing at me if he doesn't get what he wants, complete with arms crossed and dirty look on his face.

12. When he gets his diaper changed, he always tells me that the wipe is "coooooold".

13. He will take off his own or someone else's socks to search for elusive Fuzzies.

14. Whenever he sees someone with a Tim Horton's cup he expects a Timbit. Even if that person is walking down the sidewalk and we're driving in the car.

I know there are plenty more things that I wanted to include, so I'll have to edit this post when I remember them. I am just afraid he's going to grow up on me and stop doing all the cute stuff wayyyy too soon. He will be 2 (eek!!) in a couple weeks after all!

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

6 and 13 nearly made me pee my pants. 11 and 12 are traits he shares with Joey. I'm still waiting for a picture of him in the new crocs. :) Are you backing up your blog? I have mine set up that it automatically emails me all posts and comments.

Kel P said...

I'll have the picture of crocs up as soon as I get the pics on BJ's computer. Unfortunately when he asks for them he eliminates the "r" sound...

And all the comments are emailed to me but not the posts. I'll have to fix that.